"Together - Let us keep our neighborhood safe"

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Attacked by a 'old newspaper' dealer!

Submitted by Adrian Nathan who lives in USJ 11/3 via email.
Here is his personal account.
10.20am this morning.. I decided to go out and took my car keys. As I was about to enter the car, I saw the "old newspaper" lorry pass and decided to sell my pile of old newspaper... Two men, after I open the gate got rude (why u keep dogs, all dogs useless, if robbery one kick they fly, anybody keep dogs are useless, cant depend on themselves, very stupid people...blah, blah..) ..but I tolerated until the 6th or 7th time, so I said, its ok, please leave, as I dont want to sell it to you anymore. They insist of taking the papers, which I didnt allow... one of the men took up my dining chair and wanted to hit me over the head. Instead as i would naturally would do, of running off, I somehow without thinking dashed towards him and he dropped the chair. After he dropped the chair,he punch me in the eye. Think I was too angry to be fearful or feel the pain, with my keys as weapon, I kept punching him on his chest with the keys till they broke. Good thing my brown dog Clacton somehow managed to escape from bedroom and helped me (cos he was kept in room so the men can come take the papers)... the other guy behind me (which I didnt see) wanted to take another chair to hit me from behind... as I kept shouting for Help, help, my mum came out and pick up a chair too.. which the men then ran before picking a poltted plant and wanted to throw it at me...

So, from today onwards, I will NEVER sell old newspaper anymore. Anyone around here see a old newspaper lorry, red front with wooden brown back, registration WLR1691.... dont call him in, call the Police instead as they treat this rather seriously cos they come inside house and attack. The Balai Polis in USJ8 tel is 03-5635 6904. The Chief Inspector Roslin have been quite understanding, and gave me his personal mobile number as well.. just in case this idiot come back, so he can send a car over asap to arrest him.

Thankfully, I have installed CCTV, so whole incident is recorded, and we will burn a disk for the police tomorrow so their lab can have a wanted picture of this Chinese man (about 28 years to 30), and one dark skin man about 30 (could be Thai or Cambodian, I am unsure .. but is pretty dark skin).

1 comment:

骐芳 said...

agree, agree & agree. Never ever consider to sell old newspaper to any of the old newspaper man. That little money can help some unfortunate, so bring it to recycle bin, you will instead receive a thanks rather than risk your life....