"Together - Let us keep our neighborhood safe"

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Update on measures taken

Dear Residents,

Here is a short update of what the Committee has done over the last few weeks to reduce the incidences of break-ins in our area.

Car stickers to non-paying residents have been issued. If you have not received yours for whatever reason, kindly get in touch with any of the Committee members or your Street Leaders. Please take note, you are receiving the stickers courtesy of your neighbours who are paying for you. Please do stick them on your windscreens to avoid being stopped at the entrances into our area.

For paying residents, we would like to inform you that the insurance cover is being processed. Hopefully, we can conclude this as soon as possible. Once done, the coverage for break-ins will be in force.

At the entrances, all cars without stickers will be stopped to get the drivers to write down all the particulars such as where they intend to go to. This will apply to vendors and taxis with the exception of police vehicles, couriers, ambulances, fire trucks, etc. Please do inform your friends and relatives of this ruling. We apologise for the inconveniences caused and we seek your cooperation and understanding.

Finally, there have been some interesting comments made by concerned residents highlighting the apathy in our area and also the obscene behaviour of some of our residents who just drive right through the security guards before they get a chance to remove the cones.

They are humans just like you and me, earning an honest living in our country, doing their job and keeping us safe. Is it so difficult to ask you to be more considerate to these people from faraway land? They too have families like us whom they need to feed and take care of so please show some appreciation to them instead of venting your anger (for whatever reason only known to you) at them.

Thank you.

The Committee
11 Trees @ USJ

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

For your information, somebody has broke in into my compound at 11A Jalan USJ 11/3d, 15/7/10 between 12:00am ~ 5:00 am and luckily did not break into my house. Nothing has been taken although the shoes are everywhere within the compound. please be alert. Although my neighbour has a dog is like no dog, useless.

Ir. Razali

Anonymous said...

Dear brother Ir. Razali,
We were walking pass the road sunday morning at around 6.25am, your neighbour dogs did barked at us. Infact there are many houses own dogs around your area. May be you were deep in sleep. We, sometimes during the evening forgot to close the auto-gate completely, we were wondering why the guard on motorcycle never ring our door bell until our son who studied his exams late into the night told us the gate bell did ring.

Anonymous said...

Gd evening, i m a resident of usj11/3n.There is a white poodle which would wonder around and digs into our rubbish bins.even though i use a heavy marble slap to weigh down the cover it always manage to topple the bin & cause a mess.Does anybody knows whose pet is it?Pls put it on a leash.Tq so much for your kind co-operation.

Anonymous said...

WE NEED THE SUPERMARKET CATALOGUE!!DON'T BLOCK THE FLYYERS!! PLEASE!!

Anonymous said...

Ya, we also need the fliers and catalogues for services, compare prices and bargain hunting.

Anonymous said...

I am a 17 year old college girl. And don't think just because I am still a teenager my opinion does not matter. I have been living here for more then 15 years. And can I say after the whole gate and guarded thing, I am a little annoyed? No. I am extremely angry and annoyed. No doubt, the whole "gate and guarded" did make our usj11/3 more safer. The crime rates went down as well. Thank you very much. But do you know how much inconveniance it causes others? First of all, the small gates. "Thank God they have small gates!" I thought to myself when the fence came up. Maybe it would not be as easy to go out as it was last time, but it doesn't matter, all it takes is a few more steps and wallah! I reach the small gates.But now apparently, the gates are locked at 9pm. Ok, this is the part where I am EXTREMELY pissed off about. Every damn small gate in the neighborhood is locked at 9pm. I am a teenager, and naturally, I have a social life, so I go alot at night. And the worst part is, I live at usj11/3A. So I have to walk all the way to the guardhouse just to get out of the neighborhood. And yes, I know I know, its because they were a few houses that had a break in thats why the "locked the gates at 9pm" rule came out. But do you know how much inconveniance it causes others. And trust me, all of my friends that is living in usj11/3 feels the same way too. And your probably going to shoot the whole

"there is a key for the small gates, and all I have to do is stop complaining and order them"

thing at me right? Well, I tell you, I ordered the key. But until now, my key has not arrive. Did I pay? Damn right I did.

So now after 10 or is it 11 pm? I dont know. The ONLY entrance to usj11/3 is the gate infront of the shop lots. I am EXTREMELY pissed off at this aswell. What if one day someone had a stroke or something, and the ambulance was called, but when the ambulance reached usj11/3 it took atleast 5 minutes to try to locate the entrance. And by the time it reaches the person's house. Its too late. Just so you know Mr or Mrs, whoever that is incharge here, "Every second counts." And plus, I think somewhere in the law, it is illegal to block all entrances like that. I don't know weather its true, but my dad said it.

The third thing is, the guards are slugballs. I'm trying to find a word to describe them that is not so offensive. So slugballs it is. Everytime I walk pass some of them, they would blow wistles and say "Amoi. Balik rumah ah Ah Moi?". Its disgusting and disrespectful. And some of your comeback would probably be

"It must be the way this girl is wearing lahh. She must have shown to much skin. Stupid girl, bring it on to herself and try to blame us."

Well I tell you, everytime I walk pass them, is when I am walking back from school.(last year)
So technically I am in school uniform, and I always wear baju kurung (eventhough I am a chinese)
And I dont think that is showing off too much skin. Infact, there is nothing to see in a baju kurung uniform. They are the guards, shouldn't they be protecting us instead of making us feel so uncomfortable?
And mind you, not all of them are like that. Just the ones that are guarding at the small gates infront of MPSJ in the afternoon.

That's all I have to say. And by the way, everything that is posted here, is not from me only.