"Together - Let us keep our neighborhood safe"

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Posting from Ken

Story from Ken....


Hi Jeff

I attended the morning eleven trees gathering on 6th but had left early due to some business appointment.

I appreciate the initiative and works of the pro tem commitee in organising this dialogue on gated community. Gated community is something we need to have due to the deteriorating security in our neighborhood if not in the country. However, as put up bluntly by YB Hannah Yeoh, this is extremely difficult to get the cooperation from majority of the neighbours, which I totally agree based on my past experience as a committee member of a Resident Association in organising the gated neighborhood.

Well living in USJ11/3 for 12 years. I had my share of the interesting life here. Just to share with you my wife was robbed on a saturday 10am when she was taking an innocent leisure walk with my 2 children to the shops behind (Kai Sin Coffee shop). That was 12 years ago when we first moved here, not many had moved in yet during those time and it was those indonesian workers that were still working around here. Life become more interesting in 2005 to 2007.

My neighbours No.57, USJ11/3D, Mr.Lim lost a Wira, then his Waja, both incidents he has his car parked outside.His wife Ms Gan got rubbed off her Camry at 3pm by the Camry gang with parang. The family have had enough and moved out to the gated housing in Kota Kemuning in 2007.

My other neighbor No.58, also lost a car. Also my neighbour No.53 Mr. Yong who is now 11/3D committee member, lost his son's car Wira at 8am one morning.

Oh am I the lucky one being at No.55, I have thought of moving out; also for the safety of my children. Being the end lot, I have 4 lights on at nite. I am lucky to have Mr. Yong as my neighbor who has 3 lights on every nite. That is also why, there are many cars parked at this alley way as it is bright.

But my fear is in the afternoons, as my children are the ones who are only at home. Just hoping Ron, my Tshi Tshu dog, which I keep inside the house, will help to make some noise at home, most of the time he is asleep as he a a pet dog and not a guard dog.

Also last year along 11/3D, a house further down, no. thirty something, lost a Estima at 8pm in 2006 when the Camry gang was active. After hearing the commotion and screams, I run out and witnessed the Estima being driven away at high speed passing my house by the Camry Gang, of course with the Camry gang in another Camry following behind. I don't see that family anymore as I am sure it scared the hell out of the old couple, most probably they had move out.

Talk about snatch thief, beside my wife's experience in 1996, in 2005 to 2007, my daughter's piano teacher was robbed when she came to my house at 3pm for my daughter's piano lesson. Mr.Yong's wife has experienced it. I came across 2 other cases, one in front of my house at 8pm and another at 3pm at the side road (as I have said my house is end lot)

Then there are thieves climbing into the house. In 2007, one thief climbed into my house at 8pm, Mr.Yong saw him. This year, my neighbour No.56 Stanley, had his house ransacked, he was not in but his elder brother happen to come back at 8pm, open the gate and his wife walked into the house with the thief running out. It scared the hell out of her, her back door was pried open. I managed to rewind my CCTV recording and saw a fat man with a brief case acting like saleman pressing his door bell innocently and looking around to see whether he was being watched, after which he climbed in by the side.

A month later, his car was ransacked and again I watched the CCTV and saw a man climbing in by the side.

Well it is dangerous to live along 11/3D. These incidents happened around my house. What about other cases which I don't know. I do hope something well come out of this gated community initative.

Regards
Ken Kan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!