"Together - Let us keep our neighborhood safe"

Saturday, September 20, 2008

More works done today.


Dear Residents,

If you have been driving or moving around our area this morning, you would have seen installation works for our security services being done and that, we are moving at a fast pace. This is no accident, as most of these were planned ahead of time! And this is due to the work of the hardworking committee. Thank you all!

We are pushing ahead to try and finalise everything so that we are ready when the security services are implemented. We want you all to have a peace of mind when you all go out of your houses. The ultimate will be when we actually fence up the whole area. This we hope to do probably be done in Phase II, hopefully before the end of the year.

As for stickers and access passes, we have studied further the situation in our community and we have taken into account all the folks who have paid against those who objected. These policies will be clearly defined and will be made known to you in due course so that it will be clear how the security clearance will be handled. Those who have paid will be given unhindered access via the stickers that we will issue you while the rest will have to be subjected to security clearance.


In addition, for subscribers, the plaque in the security kit will be installed at your home pillars very soon. I have included a picture of the actual plaque for your viewing. We hope you like it. By the way, if you want to have a better view of the pictures posted, just point the cursor on the picture and click on it. It will give you the enlarge view of the picture.

Anyway, once the final policy regarding the access passes and all are finalised, it will be posted on this blog. Please watch out for it.

Have a nice weekend!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Committee Members,

Allow me to share my experiences when visiting a friend who is staying in USJ 16. As a non-resident (without a vehicle security pass) I have to register my car at the security guardhouse / checkpoint for each visit to USJ 16.

I have a choice to:
a)surrender my driving licence (or any other personal identification document) or
b)record on a log book details such the my car registration number and the house I am visiting, and sign the log book.
I usually elect to do the latter.

The guard will then issue me a laminated A4-sized pass to place on my car dashboard. On leaving USJ 16 I have to surrender the pass before I am allowed to exit the guardhouse.

Security controls in USJ 16 are easier to implement as there is ONLY one entrance / exit point. As they do not have space constraints they are able to have two entrance and two exit lanes at the guardhouse. One entrance lane and one exit lane are for use by vehicles with security stickers.

If we have not already done so, I would like to recommend that we talk to the USJ 16 RA to learn from them their security system implementation and operational experiences.

Regards,
HT Chua
43 USJ 11/3L

Anonymous said...

Dear Mr. Chua,

Thank you for your constructive suggestion and feedback. This is indeed very useful for us. We will most definitely use some of these suggestion to formulate our operational procedures which will be made known to you in due course.

Please do share with us your ideas if you do have any.

Committee 11 Trees @ USJ

Anonymous said...

Hi all,

Am just curious, the guardhouse facing Taipan, would it be getting a more "stable base"? at least in the near future? I see that it's currently supported by 4 bricks, which i would feel insecure being in it (if i'm the guard that is..)

Mrs Wong
USJ11/3M

Anonymous said...

Dear Mrs. Wong,

Thank you for your comments. If I look at it with a sense of humour (which I did!), I would have a good laugh (which I did too!). Well, we had the contractor repositioned the bricks and the levelling of the cabin. It is apparently quite stable now, so no worries!

Best Regards,

Jeffrey Khoo